Friday, February 22, 2008

The Straw Master

Mommy tricked me.

She got me to drink apple juice out of a cup. Then she popped a lid on it and gave it back to me. I KNEW what was in there. So I had to suck it out. She's been trying for a few weeks to get me to use a sippy cup. She has a few different kinds. One kind I spill all over myself because it just leaks out the spout. The second kind doesn't leak, but I can't figure out how to work it, so I just drool on it and throw it around. Mom eventually gets the point and takes it away. The third kind has this straw thing. That's the one she tricked me with.
I overheard my pediatrician tell Mommy that in just a few months I won't be quite as receptive to the sippy cup. Nothin' doin'... I like my bottle just fine right now, not to mention a few months from now. But anyhow I did figure out that if you suck hard enough on this straw thing, you get the good stuff! And that apple juice is yummy. Now just between you and me, I am kinda sweet on Dr Kim. She is one neat pediatrician. Not that I know too many. I get to go see her again in just 3 weeks for my 9 month check up. I hope she is impressed with my sippy cup skills!


1 comment:

Angela said...

Silly sippy cup packages say they are for kids over 9 months but after 9 months, why give up the easy to suck bottle? We started Will on the sippy cup as soon as he could hold things with his hands. He never knew anything else existed. :)